In Indianapolis, 18,000 children are routinely hungry.
- Eight out of ten Indianapolis Public School students are on free or reduced lunches.
- Households undergoing a crisis — such as loss of job or income, sudden illness, or high medical bills — make up 60% of all households receiving food.
- About 50% of food pantry clients are children.
- One of the busiest times of year for a food pantry is during the summer since school breakfast and lunch programs are not offered.
- On average, The Lord’s Pantry at Anna’s House provides groceries to 200 families each week.