Links to radio, television and newspaper articles as well as YouTube videos
- St. Alphonsus students serve at The Lord’s Pantry at Anna’s House — Current in Zionsville, April 7, 2017
- Colts tackle Joe Reitz helps distribute “super bowl” bags to those in need — WISH-TV, Feb. 5, 2017
Lord’s Pantry at Anna’s House Super Bowl Saturday tailgate party — Indianapolis Star, Feb. 4, 2017. read more…
Bose Means Service – The Lord’s Pantry at Anna’s House — March 22, 2016, read more…
- Pullman: Help and Hope in Stringtown
The late Lucious Newsom came north to Indy to teach Yankees how to love poor people.
The African-American Baptist pastor fed the hungry from a mobile van, settling in the Stringtown section on the West Side in a building renamed the Lord’s Pantry at Anna’s House.
He died in 2008 at age 93, but his partners in ministry have sustained and grown the one-house operation on a largely volunteer basis and a budget of about $100,000 a year.
Now the ministry includes English instruction for the predominantly Hispanic families who have moved into the area. The organization also offers financial literacy and life skills, along with a Girl Scout troop and summer vacation Bible school. About 200 families come each week for meals and other help. read more… — Indianapolis Star, Dec. 23, 2015
- Anna’s House Looks to Expand and Serve Even More — WTHR, Nov. 20, 2015 13 WTHR Indianapolis
- Local Pantries Need Donations Year Round — Current in Fishers, Jan. 6, 2015
- Serve Your Community — YouTube Video, Spring 2014
- School Resource Network — YouTube Video, Dec 26, 2013
- Madcats Lacrosse Serves The Lord’s Pantry at Anna’s House — YouTube Video, Nov 9, 2013
- Anna’s House Loses Major Donor — Fox 59, January 23, 2012
- Radio interview with director Julie Molloy – People Helping People Network, January 15, 2011
- Julie Molloy received the 2010 Angel Raphael Award which goes to a woman who is a companion to those in need of help and assistance.
- 3 to be honored as Angels of Grace – Indianapolis Star, no longer available online
- Youtube video of Julie Molloy receiving the Angel Rafael Award
- Volunteers continue Lucious Newsom’s aid to the poor – Indianapolis Star, Sep 8, 2009, no longer available online
- Continued blessings, unexpected gifts: One year later, Julie Molloy and volunteers work to continue the legacy of Anna Molloy and Lucious Newsom – The Criterion, Jul 17, 2009
- Remembering the truly great – Lucious – What Do You See in the Faces of the Poor? Indianapolis Star, no longer available online
- Community Leader Lucious Newsom dies – YouTube video from Channel 8
- Lucious Newsom, the Lord’s beggar for the poor, dies at 93 – The Criterion, Aug 19, 2008
- A call to serve the poor: I’m going to keep doing this until God calls me to heaven – The Criterion, July 14, 2006